Overview of Spiral Trough Conveyors
Trough conveyors have endless possibilities and applications, and the choice of spiral, material to be used and drive are geared specifically to your needs – the material to be transported, the environment and the extent to which the conveyor belt is used.
Trough conveyors provide a smooth and trouble-free operation, and easy installation and maintenance. They are also fabricated with the flexibility for various configurations, and even though they are closed to protect the product from rain and wind, they are designed with the ability to access all components easily and clean out the auger when required. Trough conveyors also accommodate larger diameter requirements and alternative construction materials. They can also be used to ‘force feed material’ if necessary.
Because trough conveyors operate at low speeds, lower horse-power is required making it more energy efficient and environmentally friendly, and this means that the conveyor has less wear and a longer life. Hoppers and discharge outlets are optional extras to complete your conveyor to suit your transportation needs.
Features & Benefits of Spiral Trough Conveyors
- Trough conveyors can be used to convey and mix the material within the unit.
- Generally laid horizontally with easily to access lid.
- Trough conveyors require very little maintenance.
- Trough conveyors operate at a low speed, with low horse-power requirements.
- Easy access components result in timely service and maintenance.
- A wide range of construction materials and finishing can be used when fabricating your tube conveyor.
Applications of Spiral Trough Conveyors
Trough conveyors are used in a range of applications, but are ideally suited for:
- Recycling and waste.
- Crop and grain handling.