Overview of Spiral Screw Conveyors
Engineering Solution is fast becoming the preferred supplier of screw conveyors for the industrial and agricultural market sectors. Over the last few years our reputation for high quality, long lasting, standard and custom made screw conveyors has transported our business to supply a large range of screw conveyors into the SADC countries.
Spiral screw conveyors are used to move materials from trucks, carts or trailers to storage facilities, and are usually orientated at a slight angle. At the lower end, material is fed hopper into the conveyor through a hopper. The material is moved up along the conveyor using helical flighting rotating inside it, and it is discharged at the top through a chute into the storage facility.
Spiral screw conveyors are also ideally suited to transport wet, non-flowing and caking materials that are difficult to move using other transportation methods.
Screw conveyors are designed to convey a fixed volume of material every time the screw rotates. The flow rate can be controlled at the inlet, and the screw conveyor can therefore alter the rate at which the material is transported by varying the rotation rate of the screw.
When selecting a screw conveyor you need to consider the following:
- The type and state of the material being transported, including maximum particle size.
- The quantity of the transported material, in tons per hour.
- The distance and angle at which the material needs to be transported.
Features & Benefits of Spiral Screw Conveyors
- Ideal for handling free –flowing to more sluggish material.
- Screw conveyors are cost effective compared to belt, pneumatic or aero-mechanical conveyors.
- Screw conveyors are totally enclosed to protect against corrosion and other hazardous material contamination, and to prevent product spillage.
- Material can be distributed by screw conveyors to various location using multiple inlets and discharge chutes.
- The flow can be controlled by adding slide gates or valves.
- Custom engineered to suit your specific application.
- A wide range of construction materials and finishing can be used when designing and manufacturing your screw conveyor.
Applications of Spiral Screw Conveyors
Screw conveyors are used in a range of applications, but are ideally suited for:
- Abrasive products.
- Corrosive products.
- Products that absorb water easily.
- Grains & Seeds.
- Food processing.
- Pulp and paper.
- Wood products.
- Primary metals.
- Rubber and plastics.
- Stone, glass and concrete.
- Petroleum refining.